Thursday, February 28, 2019

Welcome




Welcome to the Nature for Wellbeing blog! I'm Ellie Mayhew, and I thought I'd start off by explaining my reasons for setting up NFW.

Some of you who know me are aware that I’ve struggled with my mental health in the past, having periodically suffered from anxiety and depression since I was 17. Talking therapy has been hugely helpful to me during these times, and I have utilised both CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Person-Centred Therapy.

However, one of my main salvations during these periods was time spent in nature; somehow experiencing fresh green leaves fluttering in the breeze, hearing the melodious song of a Goldfinch and the smell of fresh rain really grounded me and connected me with the present. I guess it acts as a kind of mindfulness. More and more research is proving that even brief immersion in the natural world is beneficial to our mental health and wellbeing, and so, based on this and my own positive experiences, I wanted to create a platform to promote the use of nature for wellbeing. As a result, NFW was born. 

I'd like to use this space to share self-care tips, ways to engage with nature, my own experiences and anything else I feel may help those going through a tough time. Thank you for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment